• Gegroet, sterveling! Nieuw op het forum?
    Als je wilt deelnemen aan het forum heb je een forumaccount nodig. Registeer er snel een! Heb je al een forumaccount? Dan kun je hier inloggen.

Feedback Petitie tegen 'Warfare Packages'

DeletedUser

Gast
Hierbij mijn (wat verlate) reactie op Jordan. Kreeg het niet eerder gedaan helaas.
Voordat ik begin wil ik Jordan bedanken voor het feit dat hij persoonlijk de moeite heeft genomen ons te woord te staan en te informeren. Ik hoop dat hij dit in de toekomst wil en zal blijven doen.

Dear Community,

Recently we tested a premium item bundling feature on the Public Beta server which received quite a lot of negative feedback. We would like to take some time to address your concerns in detail, as well as inform you of our plans to take corrective action to fix the issue going forward.

Voor mij voldoet de omschrijving 'quite a lot of negative feedback' toch niet helemaal. 600+ keer getekend op het Nederlandse forum, 400+ keer op de Engelse, en 500+ keer op de Duitse. Dat zijn 1500 - 1600 handtekeningen, let wel, daarbij zitten ontzettend veel bekende en grote spelers. Óók spelers waarvan ik weet dat die nu al een flinke smak geld ertegenaan gooien. Van wat ik weet, hoor en zie kan ik maar één conclusie trekken: of mensen nou zonder, met een beetje, of met een beetje meer goud spelen, of mensen nou op de Nederlandse (waar we vrij hard zijn qua feedback over het algemeen), Duitse, Engelse, ..., server spelen, dat doet er allemaal niet toe. Iedereen (op een zeer kleine groep uitzonderingen na) is tegen het invoeren van deze pakketten.

Daarom ook dat termen als 'to fix the issue going forward' niet goed genoeg zijn. We willen niet vooruit, niet op zo'n manier. Wat ons betreft komen die pakketten er helemaal niet, niet nu, niet in de toekomst, niet in gewijzigde versie. Gewoon niet.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to show your passion and commitment for Grepolis. We are lucky to have a community that cares and appreciates this wonderful game. Without your voice we would not be able to make Grepolis into what it is today!

The bundle feature “Warfare Packages” that was recently implemented on the Public Beta server was offered for sale as a test. In other words we were only testing the technical aspect of this feature using arbitrary items. Some of the items that you saw in the screenshot were not to be offered together for sale in the live version of the game as presented on beta. Furthermore the bundles and packages would only be available for a set duration, much shorter than the timeframe it has been offered on the Public Beta server. As of today, the “Warfare Packages” have already been removed from the payment window and it is no longer possible to acquire them. The testing results of the last 4 days have been showing us the feature is technically working as intended.

Ja, het was slechts een test, ongetwijfeld. Punt is alleen dat zo'n test op de bèta bijna automatisch betekent dat de feature binnen een niet al te lange tijd ook op de 'echte' werelden verschijnt / beschikbaar wordt. Het gaat er dan ook niet om dat jullie 'arbitrary items' gebruikten (hoewel de aangeboden scherpzinnigheid echt idioot was), we willen gewoon heel die packages niet geïmplementeerd zien worden, met welke items voor welke prijzen dan ook. Ik zal uitleggen wat voor mij persoonlijk het probleem is. Met deze stap zal het mogelijk zijn om met geld direct troepen te kopen. Waar goudhandel het al makkelijker en directer maakte, is dit nog een stap erboven op. Het zet ook de weg open naar meer van dit soort aanbiedingen, al dan niet blijvend. In een spel zoals Grepolis (waar je tegen elkaar speelt, vecht) heeft het veel invloed (in tegenstelling tot bij bijvoorbeeld FoE) als je dit soort dingen mogelijk maakt. Mensen (sommigen zullen het blijven kopen, voor welke prijs dan ook) kunnen zich met goud een weg naar de top kopen, zonder skills, zonder actief spel. Dat doet afbraak aan de spelvreugde van zowat iedereen, en is slecht voor Grepolis op de wat langere termijn.

With the bundles & packages, our intention is not to throw off the balance of the game, the packages that will be offered will be beneficial to both the players, as well as InnoGames. After releasing the feature on the Beta server we have realized that this feature may have unintended consequences and we have therefore decided to put this feature on hold until it can be reworked and re-evaluated by our game design and development team.

Ja, voordelig voor InnoGames en een bijna verwaarloosbaar deel van de spelers, vergeet ook niet dat de rest van de spelers (die de pakketten niet kopen) er feitelijk nadeel van heeft. Grepolis is geen FoE. Dit soort aanbiedingen beïnvloeden het spelverloop en het spelplezier, dus ik ben blij dat jullie er nog eens goed over na gaan denken. Maar hé, we weten hoe dat soort dingen gaan, vermoedelijk passen jullie het een en ander aan en duwen jullie het over een aantal maanden er toch gewoon door. Nogmaals, daar zijn we fel op tegen.

We also understand that frustrations have been mounting over the past few months due to the release of several premium features. This happens to be an unfortunate coincidence, however we are committed to working on non-premium features in the future, such as the mid-game and end-game revamp that all of us have been waiting for so long. Additionally we have received complaints about the recent changes to the marketplace and trade screens in the game. Many of you have felt that the changes are unnecessary, confusing or unsatisfying, we will be reviewing these concerns and actions will be taken.

'An unfortunate coincidence'? Mag ik hieruit opmaken dat jullie gewoon allemaal jullie deeltaken afronden en die erin gooien zodra ze klaar zijn, zonder dat er enige afstemming op elkaar is? Want een overgroot deel van de spelers is al deze functies spuugzat, en we zitten absoluut niet te wachten op meer, terwijl dingen die we wel graag zien juist achterblijven. Dus inderdaad, de WW's zijn wellicht de grootste irritatie, maar ook zaken zoals de onopgeloste bugs, de relatief lange (soms: te lange) downtime (bij updates bijvoorbeeld), de falende updates, en de wijzigingen zoals nu recentelijk bijvoorbeeld de marktplaats. Los eerst dat soort dingen eens op.

Please rest assured that the Support Team and the Community Managers have continuously provided your feedback about these features. Please understand that if you do not see changes right after feedback has been presented, it does not mean that it is being ignored. We receive a lot of information that takes time and planning to properly prioritize and address the issues. We would also like to thank them for their dedication and the hard work they have put into the Grepolis Community, their contribution has been invaluable to the development of Grepolis!

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support! We are looking forward to keeping building Grepolis together!

Best regards,

Jordan Coutout
Team Lead Community Manager
InnoGames GmbH

Het is echt te hopen dat er inderdaad iets met deze feedback gedaan wordt. Ik wil nogmaals stellen dat het invoeren van dit soort features niet goed is voor (de levensvatbaarheid van) Grepolis als geheel, je jaagt er een hele hoop spelers mee weg. Ook goudspelers. Sterker nog, in tegenstelling tot bij IB, vraag ik me af of jullie met het invoeren van deze packages wel echt meer zouden verdienen. Ik denk van niet, teveel mensen zien dit gewoon niet zitten. We zijn het zeer oneens met de ingeslagen Pay2Win-weg, en hier ligt de grens voor een groot deel van ons. Het zou echt schandalig zijn als jullie ondanks dit alles het toch in zouden voeren.

Dus, nogmaals de volgende verzoeken:

-Zorg voor een nieuw, fatsoenlijk eindspel.
-Onopgeloste bugs fixen.
-Geen geklooi meer met slechte aanpassingen (recentelijk: marktplaats), luister liever naar wat de community wil.

Als aan bovenstaande drie voorwaarden voldaan is kunnen jullie wat mij betreft de Warfare Packages weer eens gaan overwegen. Mocht de meerderheid dan voor zijn (en door deze dingen te realiseren kweken jullie denk ik best wat goodwill), dan en slechts dan kunnen ze ingevoerd worden.

Nogmaals bedankt voor je reactie, ik hoor graag weer van je, ben ook benieuwd naar wat nu de concrete plannen en termijnen zijn.

Credits voor sammy95, die heeft de vertaling gedaan:

I have written a response to Jordan's post, sadly I couldn't get it done earlier.
Before I start I would like to thank Jordan for personally taking the trouble to speak to the community and informing us. I hope he can continue to do so in the future.

Dear Community,

Recently we tested a premium item bundling feature on the Public Beta server which received quite a lot of negative feedback. We would like to take some time to address your concerns in detail, as well as inform you of our plans to take corrective action to fix the issue going forward.

To me, the description 'quite a lot of negative feedback' seems to be a bit of an understatement. The petition was signed over 600 times on the Dutch forums, over 400 times on the English boards and more than 500 signatures were gathered on the German forums. These numbers add up to around 1500-1600 players supporting the petition. A great many of the supporters are very capable and well-known players, players of whom I am aware that they are already spending a lot of money on this game. Based on what I know, hear and see, I can only draw one conclusion: whether people use no gold, a little or a large amount of gold, whether they are playing on the Dutch, the English or the German servers doesn't matter. Everyone (except a very small group of exceptions) is vehemently against the implementation of these packages.
Therefore, expressions such as 'to fix the issue going forward' won't suffice. We don't want to move forward, not in this way. If it were up to us, the packages would never be introduced in the first place. Not now, not in the future, not slightly modified. We simply don't want them.

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking the time to show your passion and commitment for Grepolis. We are lucky to have a community that cares and appreciates this wonderful game. Without your voice we would not be able to make Grepolis into what it is today!

The bundle feature “Warfare Packages” that was recently implemented on the Public Beta server was offered for sale as a test. In other words we were only testing the technical aspect of this feature using arbitrary items. Some of the items that you saw in the screenshot were not to be offered together for sale in the live version of the game as presented on beta. Furthermore the bundles and packages would only be available for a set duration, much shorter than the timeframe it has been offered on the Public Beta server. As of today, the “Warfare Packages” have already been removed from the payment window and it is no longer possible to acquire them. The testing results of the last 4 days have been showing us the feature is technically working as intended.

Yes, it was undoubtedly only a test. The thing is that such a test on de beta almost automatically means the feature will be implemented on the 'real' worlds within a fairly short timeframe. Our discontent does not stem from the fact that you were using 'arbitrary items' (although the bonus to BP that was on offer was rather ridiculous), we just don't want those packages to be added to the game at all, regardless of contents or pricing.
I will explain what I, personally, perceive to be the issue. This step will allow players to acquire troops directly using real money. Gold trade already made this process more direct, but these 'bundles' would take it a step further still. Adding this feature would also open the path for more 'promotions' of this kind, whether temporary or permanent. In a game like Grepolis, where players are competing, fighting against each other, adding packages of this kind will have a large influence (much more radical than in, say, FoE). Players (some will continue to buy items, no matter the price) will be able to buy their way to the top, without skills, without the need to play actively. This would greatly diminish the enjoyment many people get out of this game, and it would be detrimental to the longevity of Grepolis.

With the bundles & packages, our intention is not to throw off the balance of the game, the packages that will be offered will be beneficial to both the players, as well as InnoGames. After releasing the feature on the Beta server we have realized that this feature may have unintended consequences and we have therefore decided to put this feature on hold until it can be reworked and re-evaluated by our game design and development team.

Yes, adding the bundles would be advantageous to InnoGames and an almost negligible number of players in the short term, but keep in mind that de rest of the players (the ones not buying the packages) are being disadvantaged by them. Grepolis is not FoE. This kind of offer will impact the flow of the game and the level of enjoyment, so I am pleased you are going to re-evaluate. By now, however, we know how these kinds of things play out: you will probably change a couple of things here and there and in a couple of months the future will be added anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we are vehemently against that.

We also understand that frustrations have been mounting over the past few months due to the release of several premium features. This happens to be an unfortunate coincidence, however we are committed to working on non-premium features in the future, such as the mid-game and end-game revamp that all of us have been waiting for so long. Additionally we have received complaints about the recent changes to the marketplace and trade screens in the game. Many of you have felt that the changes are unnecessary, confusing or unsatisfying, we will be reviewing these concerns and actions will be taken.

'An unfortunate coincidence'? Would I be right to deduce from that that you are all just focusing on your own features and adding them as they are finished, without any consultation within the company? An overwhelming majority of players has had more than enough of all these premium functions and we are certainly not eager to accept more of them, when the changes we would like to see just don't seem to happen. So yes, the WWs might be the largest source of irritation, but matters like unresolved bugs, the relatively long (sometimes rather too long) downtime (during updates, for instance), the complete failure of many updates and the unnecessary and annoying adjustments, such as the recent revamp to the market place. Focus on fixing issues like those first.

Please rest assured that the Support Team and the Community Managers have continuously provided your feedback about these features. Please understand that if you do not see changes right after feedback has been presented, it does not mean that it is being ignored. We receive a lot of information that takes time and planning to properly prioritize and address the issues. We would also like to thank them for their dedication and the hard work they have put into the Grepolis Community, their contribution has been invaluable to the development of Grepolis!

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support! We are looking forward to keeping building Grepolis together!

Best regards,

Jordan Coutout
Team Lead Community Manager
InnoGames GmbH

I would very much hope that this feedback will indeed be used. I want to state once more that the implementation of features of this kind is not beneficial to (the longevity of) Grepolis as a whole, you will alienate a large number of players. Gold users as well. In this case I actually wonder if adding these packages would mean more income for InnoGames. I don't think so, too many players just don't want to see it happen. We disagree heartily with the Pay2Win direction this game has taken and for many of us, this is a step too far. It would be an outrage for you to add this feature despite all of this.

To conclude, I would like to repeat the following requests:
-Develop a new, decent endgame.
-Focus on fixing unresolved bugs.
-Stop changing existing features for the worse (case in point: market place), listen to what the community wants.

Once these conditions are complied with, you could reconsider implementing the warfare packages. Should the majority be in favour of the idea, and by fixing the issues that plague this game I expect you will gather quite a bit of goodwill, you could add them as a feature.
Thanks once more for your response, I look forward to hearing from you again. I am also curious as to the concrete plans and terms at the moment.

Uit een reactie blijkt dat op FoE de pakketten wel degelijk ook veel invloed hebben en alles behalve wenselijk zijn. Dat was niet wat ik in eerste instantie dacht, volledig mijn fout. Dat is voor de inhoudelijke discussie verder weinig relevant, wat ik over Grepolis aandroeg blijft natuurlijk zo staan, slechts de vergelijking met FoE is onterecht. Niet erg belangrijk dus, wou het wel even corrigeren d.m.v. deze disclaimer.

According to a response in this topic the packages on FoE actually do influence gameplay a lot and are anything but desirable. That was not my thought at first, completely my own fault. For the further discussion about Grepolis this isn't really relevant, this doesn't affect the things I said about Grepolis, only the comparison with FoE wasn't a good one. Not so important, but I felt the need to correct myself.

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:

DeletedUser23442

Gast
405edee0e93e048ca61b21761549a1fb.png

Nou speel ik ook FoE en slaan je vergelijkingen volledig de plank mis kan ik je vertellen. Daar zijn door vergelijkbare pakketten de verhoudingen ook volledig zoek.
Is het gemor onder spelers niet van de lucht. Zeker spelers en Gildes die deelnemen aan de Gilde versus Gilde raken hun speelplezier hierdoor echt wel kwijt. Steek je iets boven het maaiveld uit wordt een volledige Gilde en hun spelers het leven zuur gemaakt door de big spenders die onbeperkt over middelen en troepen beschikken.

DeletedUser

Gast
Nou speel ik ook FoE en slaan je vergelijkingen volledig de plank mis kan ik je vertellen. Daar zijn door vergelijkbare pakketten de verhoudingen ook volledig zoek.
Is het gemor onder spelers niet van de lucht. Zeker spelers en Gildes die deelnemen aan de Gilde versus Gilde raken hun speelplezier hierdoor echt wel kwijt. Steek je iets boven het maaiveld uit wordt een volledige Gilde en hun spelers het leven zuur gemaakt door de big spenders die onbeperkt over middelen en troepen beschikken.

Oeps, dan heb ik de verkeerde indruk opgedaan.
Doet verder inhoudelijk ook niets af aan het feit dat de pakketten hier (ook(!), blijkbaar) niet gaan werken.

Zal het even in een disclaimer zetten.

DeletedUser25281

Gast
anti-packages

volledig tegen de packages

voeg me toe aan de lijst

dominik-joris

DeletedUser25286

Gast
Ik ben er op zich niet tegen. Ik denk echter wel dat je hiervoor verschillende werelden moet starten.
Als je dus wereld start met veel goud/geld/premium spelers, dan heb je niet veel veel spelers nodig om een wereld te starten en lang te laten leven.... Iedereen start bewust zo'n wereld en weet dat het je een hoop poen kan kosten. Als je dit leuk vind, waarom niet???

Er moet wel een verschil blijven, "gewone" werelden zouden gewoonweg niet meer leuk zijn, omdat het verschil tussen "arm en rijk" veel te groot zal zijn. Dat is het nu eigenlijk al....

Je bent ten alle tijden vrij om te starten op ieder type wereld.....Staat het je niet aan, doe je het niet.

Vind je het wel wat, dan garandeer ik je een hoop actie op een geldwereldje 8-)

Bovenaan